Google

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An Introduction to Clustered and Non-Clustered Index Data Structures

When I first started using SQL Server as a novice, I was initially confused as to the differences between clustered and non-clustered indexes. As a developer, and new DBA, I took it upon myself to learn everything I could about these index types, and when they should be used. This article is a result of my learning and experience, and explains the differences between clustered and non-clustered index data structures for the DBA or developer new to SQL Server. If you are new to SQL Server, I hope you find this article useful.

As you read this article, if you choose, you can cut and paste the code I have provided in order to more fully understand and appreciate the differences between clustered and non-clustered indexes.

No comments: